♥Chapter 13♥
You are always on my mind
‘Four years you think for sure
That's all you've got to endure
All the total dicks
All the stuck up chicks
So superficial, so immature’
Graduation day. I never thought I would come to this point in my life. No more Victoria and her stupid clones, no more annoying teachers with their non-stop rant, no more home work, but most of all, no more drama.
I stared at my reflection in the mirror; I was wearing my yellow sundress and heels, my hair was twirled at the ends and my make-up looked like it was made by a professional. Picture perfect.
“Honey, if you don’t hurry up you’ll be late!” My mom called from downstairs.
Before I went down, I grabbed my cap and toga. When I got there, I saw my mom and dad with their award-winning smiles. It would be perfect if my brother was here, if only he didn’t have a meeting with his client. I ushered my parents out the door. As I was walking I heard a ‘snap’, curiosity got the best of me as I searched for the source of the sound. I heard a cough behind me, making me turn around. I saw Axel with a big grin, holding his camera. I squealed and hugged him.
“Whoa, easy there kiddo.” He smiled.
“What are you doing here?! I thought you had a meeting to go to.” I looked up at him.
“Yeah, but I decided to cancel it. I don’t want to miss something like this” He beamed.
We went inside the car and made our way to school.
“I never thought I’d see the day my little Cassie would be graduating. It seems so fast.” My dad said, breaking the silence.
“Why is that daddy?” I asked.
“Well with me traveling all over the place, I always thought that I won’t be able to see my baby grow up.” He smiled.
“At least you’re here, that’s what’s important” My mom said, she pecked my dad’s cheek.
“Yeah, though I can’t help but be bothered by the fact that I’m not here a lot.” He sighed.
“Enough of the sadness, it’s a happy day. We don’t want to ruin it.” My brother butted in.
When we arrived I saw Alex and Derek under a tree, I went there and saw them smiling. I sat next to them.
“Hey guys” I greeted.
“Hey Cas” They said at the same time.
“I never thought we’d be here so fast.” Derek started.
“Yeah, four years goes by too quick.” Alex agreed.
“And you guys go on the road tomorrow.” I reminded them, making Alex look at me and smile a small smile.
“You’re still coming with us, right?” Derek asked.
“Yeah, of course!” I exclaimed.
“Hey I think it’s starting. We better get back there.” Alex stood up.
We went inside the gym where the graduation was being held. We were seated alphabetically, which means I was seated at the very first chair of the first row. Damn my surname.
“Avery, Cassandra Danielle” Mrs. Wright, our Principal said. I stood up gaining cheers from all my friends and family.
I went up the stage and as I took my diploma, I screamed ‘fuck yeah!’ with my arms raised up. Alex, Derek, and even Hayley laughed at my outburst. As I was waiting for Alex’s and Derek’s name to be called, I couldn’t help but think about tomorrow. No one knew that I’m not really going with ‘Split Second Eternity'. Truth is, I got accepted as an intern for AP Magazine. I’m going to
I didn’t notice Alex’s calls until he shouted my name. I guess too much thinking can block other senses.
“Yeah?” I asked.
“You okay?”
“Yeah. Why?”
“You seem off. Is there something wrong?”
“No! I’m perfectly fine!” I gave him the fakest smile I could muster, I really wanted to be with him on tour but maybe our paths would intersect someday.
“Well, the guys are heading to Denny’s you in?” He made this cute hand gesture, I couldn’t help but smile and agree.
I told my parents my plans, which they happily agreed. I ran, well more like attempted to, with these shoes who can?! Successfully, I reached them and made our way to Denny’s. We decided to not change our outfits to make it look like we’re important people.
We sat in the 6 seat table. It was me, Alex, Derek, Jake, Aiden, and Chris, their manager. We already placed our orders the minute we sat down the chairs. We started talking about every random thing that’s on our minds. First it was all fun until Aiden decided to drop something not really good news
“My mom died.” He blurted out.
“What?” We asked simultaneously.
“Yeah, she died.”
“How? Why? When?” I went next to him to console him.
“She hung herself yesterday, she left me a note saying that she raised me wrong and I wasn’t supposed to turn out this way.” He looked like he would burst into tears any minute, who wouldn’t when someone they loved just died?
”It’s okay. She’s probably in a good place now.” I hugged him.
“Thanks Cassie. I’m really glad you’d be there tomorrow. I mean, who would keep this band in place?” He half-smiled.
“Yeah Cas, you’re like the glue to this band. We’re really glad you’re coming with us on tour.” Jake beamed.
“Come on guys, I’m not really the ‘glue’. Stop joking around.” I laughed nervously.
“We mean it Cassie, we really are grateful. Especially with Hayley not going.” Derek intervened.
“Cassie, the promise” Alex whispered but it was loud enough for me to hear.
“I better go. I’ll see you guys tomorrow. I have to pack.” I told them the half-truth.
I was near the door when I heard Alex shout ‘hey you’re order!’ which I chose to ignore
I walked towards my car and drove as fast as I can home. I grabbed my suitcase and began packing.
By the time I finished it was already, eight in the evening. I decided to write a letter for the band. Mostly for Alex.
Dear Alex,
I’m sorry I broke our promise and I’m sorry that I left without saying anything, but I think that it’s better this way. A clean break from everything. Truth is three months ago I got accepted to AP Magazine as an intern. Who knows maybe we’ll see each other some day. As hard as this is, I know what I can never forget someone like you. You’re everything I hate to love. Yes I admit, I love you. It all started at prom night. I could never forget all the sweet things you did. Good luck with the band. I wish you the best of luck with your career. I’m taking this internship as an opportunity for a clean break, I want to forget everything I hate and even everything I love. I just hope that some day you’ll be able to forgive me. It’s just that I really need time to clear up my mind.
‘Why don’t you say we talk this over a cup of coffee? My treat’ – I’ll meet you some day at starbucks, I’m sure of it.
Thank you for everything. I really do appreciate it. I wish I could give you something in return.
I’ll miss you and the randomly sweet and funny things you do.
Love,
Cassandra.
I put the letter in an envelope and texted Derek to come by my house around six-thirty, they go on the road at seven. With that, I took a shower, got dressed in my pajamas and brushed my teeth. As I lay in my bed, I couldn’t help but think if this is what I really wanted. I love to write but being so far away from someone I love can really take its toll on me. I just hope that I make the right decision.

No comments:
Post a Comment