Monday, September 7, 2009

Good Old Days.


As I saw this picture, I had a flashback of all the fun things I did in my childhood days. Playing in the rain, touching dirt like it was no big deal, playing with dolls, and all the other stuff little children do. I pondered about one thing. What if we all had the attitude of little kids?

When two kids fight, it'll be over in a few minutes or so; when people our age fight, it'll either be over in a few weeks or it'll never be over. People our age hold grudges over little things like forgetting their birthday or leaving them 'alone' (when they're not really alone, they have other people to hang out with). I don't know, it's just I miss the good old days.

I remember when I would throw tantrums because of little things like my parents not buying a stuffed toy I want. I miss those days, those carefree days. Today our group had a practice at a basketball court near our place. It had a playground next to the court, I couldn't help but unleash the inner child in me. The swings, see-saws, monkey bars, and the slides. I miss being able to run around, having nothing to worry about. It was just me and my friends playing around and having a good time.

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if I didn't switch schools or what would happen if I didn't act the way I did. Even if I found an answer to these questions, would I be happy?

Actually, I'm pretty content with the life I'm in right now. Though sometimes, I just can't help but wonder what if--

I feel like sometimes all I need is a good cry, but I can't bring myself to do so. This sucks like one big butt.

I really wish I was a kid again, no drama what-so-ever. Now, everything is filled with drama. Alex Gaskarth's Sick Little Games keeps on playing in my mind right now.

'We're all part of the same sick little games.
And I need a getaway, getaway.
I'm wasting my days, I throw them away.
Losing it all on these sick little games'

I don't know if I'm being dramatic here or I'm just being nostalgic, but yeah. I guess last night was really an eye-opener for me. Who knew drinking and talking with my dad could really do this to me. I wasn't drunk I guess I was tipsy, maybe not. I could still recall all the things I did and didn't do.

Drinking was I guess another way for me to feel relieved, happy even. As I was lying on my bed, the memories seem to flash as if it were a movie. All the fun things I did with my best friends. Hanging out at the beach, swimming, my best friend and neighbor teaching me how to play volleyball and badminton, playing hide and seek, and most of all the little arguments I had with my brother.

This afternoon, I played in the said playground. I couldn't help but remember the times I played in our playground at our street. The good old days.

The laughs. The cries. The memories.

If only I could bring them back.

No comments:

Post a Comment