Alright folks! Chapter two!
♥Chapter 2♥
You Drove Me Crazy Every Time We Touch
‘Say hello to goodbye
Cause just one sip would make me sick
I used to be love drunk, but now I’m hung over
I’ll love you forever, but now it’s over’
We arrived at the venue. I wasn’t out of the car yet I could feel the heat radiating through my body. Thank goodness I decided to wear something Warped Tour material. I stepped out of the car, backpack on one of my shoulders. I’ve been to Warped Tour twice but the exhilarating feeling never left my side.
“Cassie, we’ll get you settled in then Garrett will give you a tour of our bus and shit, okay?” John asked.
“I guess” I shrugged.
“Wait, where will I be staying?” I followed up.
“At our humble abode of course!” Pat exclaimed, his arms around my waist.
“Pat…” I trailed off.
“Yeah, Cassie-bear?” He asked, looking at me with those innocent eyes of his.
“Can you please let go of me before I trip and fall?” I gave him the cutest smile I could without falling.
“Nope!” He popped the ‘p’.
“Dude, stop being gay and let go of Cassie.” I saw Kennedy smirk at his statement. This made Pat and Kennedy argue about Pat’s sexuality.
We arrived at The Maine’s tour bus; I must say it was bigger than I expected. They showed me where I would be sleeping in for two and a half months. I shoved my bag in the bunk and took my camera and phone with me, I decided to go and explore the venue. I saw the guys playing ‘Halo’ in the game room.
“Hey, I’ll be heading out now. I put my number on your phones so just text me if you need anything” I said, walking out the door.
When I caught a glimpse of the outside world, I saw a merch tent nearby. It had a sign that said ‘All Time Low’ on it; I decided to start my work and head over there. I saw them looking at me, smiles adorning their faces.
“What’s up, homies?” I waved at the five boys before me.
“Cass, gangster’s not your thing and it never will be. Anyways, here we are handsome and sexy as ever, you like?” Alex finished with his famous cocky smirk.
“No dear Alex, I don’t like” I stuck my tongue out, Alex cried out in mock-horror.
“I see you’re looking fine as always, Cassandra” Rian smiled his piano key smile. He insisted on calling me Cassandra for some reason.
“Cassie! How’ve you been, sweet thing?” Jack gave me that cheeky smile of his.
These boys really know how to light up my day. I met the boys on my first Warped Tour two years ago; they were one of the bands that really welcomed me. Alex was like a caring, flirty brother that I never had. Rian and Zack were like my over protective brothers and Jack was my random, hyper best friend.
“Enough of the chit chat; can I take your picture?” I asked them
“Yeah sure, you mean as a fan or…?” Zack trailed off.
“It’s for work.” I smiled.
“Oh okay, now?” I nodded my head.
They then posed for the picture; I snapped a couple of shots when I was satisfied, I thanked them. Before I could leave, Rian caught up with me.
“Cassandra, you want to go to our kickoff party tonight?”
“Sure. What time?” I asked.
“Around seven. Every band will be there.” He smiled.
“Okay, see you then” I waved goodbye and headed off to some random place I could think of.
I spotted a tree that could provide me some shade and headed over there. I looked at the sight in front of me, every crew of every band were everywhere; they were setting things up for later. I felt my thigh vibrate, signaling that I had a message.
‘Cassie-bear! I miss you. Where the fudge are you?!?!?!’ –Pat.
Pat can be such a sweetheart. I replied saying where I was.
‘Cassie-bear. I’m too lazy to go there and we have sound check in a few. I guess we’ll see you later :D – Pat.
I got off my seat and decided to The Maine’s merch tent and help out, but before I could do so, I saw Forever The Sickest Kids’ tent. I decided to steal some of their Kool-Aid.
“Hey you! Where do you think you’re going?” Kyle asked.
“Nowhere?” I smiled, nervously.
“Cassie! I knew it was you!” Caleb greeted me with a hug.
“Yeah, so I’ll be going now.”
“So soon? Why?” Kyle asked. This boy is full of questions now, isn’t he?
“I have to help The Maine set up.”
“So you came here to steal some of our drinks?” Caleb smirked.
“Yeah. See you!” I waved goodbye and made my way back to The Maine’s tent.
I turned on my iPod and decided to listen to some music while walking. I wasn’t paying attention where I was walking and accidentally hit someone’s chest. I spilled the Kool-Aid I was drinking, I saw that some of the Kool-Aid was on his shirt.
“Oh shit, sorry. I wasn’t paying attention.” I said, not looking at the guy’s face; I was trying to wipe his shirt, hoping that it’ll look a little bit better.
“No, it’s alright. I needed something to freshen up with, though Kool-Aid was not what I was looking for” He chuckled. I laughed along with him, I looked up and saw someone I’ve been avoiding for years.
He looked different, in a good way. His hair was still on one side but now it had highlights in it and it was darker than the usual brown he had, his eyes were still the same shade of blue that made me want to stare at it for days. He matured over the years. Somehow my heart was still beating ten thousand miles per hour. I can’t believe he still had that effect on me. My breath got caught in my throat. He was absolutely gorgeous. The same boy I fell in love with, only more mature.
I guess he still recognized me, his eyes were as big as a baseball and his mouth was wide open. His expression was shocked, his eyes showed a mix of anger, shock, and happiness in them.
“…Cassie?”
Déjà vu much?
©Gabrielle

No comments:
Post a Comment