Ninjas Pwn Pirates, Man.
John and I were having our daily argument this time it was Ninjas versus Pirates. I was, of course, siding with Ninjas.
“You just don’t get it, Cassie. Pirates rule!”
“No, they don’t. They just drink and steal things, Ninjas are awesome!”
“How are they awesome?”
“They use the art of sneaking up on people and they can climb walls!” I exclaimed.
“Well, Pirates they uh…” He stumbled, thinking of a reason.
“Ha! I win!” I cheered.
I did my victory dance as we were walking.
“You always do.” He mumbled.
“I do not!”
“Yes you do.”
“No, I let you win sometimes!”
“Name one time.” He challenged.
“Well, there was one time when – no wait I won that. Oh! It was about – no wait, I won that too. Dammit!” I shrieked.
“See, you always win Cassie. Face it.”
“Why?” I stopped.
“What why?” He stopped a few inches ahead of me.
“Why do I always win?”
“It’s because I let you win.” He said but he immediately covered his mouth.
“What?”
“It’s nothing.” He began walking.
“Tell me!” I demanded, why the hell did he let me win?
“Let’s go to the park.” He changed the topic.
“Not until you tell me why first.” I crossed my arms around my chest and my nose up in the air.
“Once we reach the park, I’ll tell you okay?” He sighed.
“Okay, I’ll race you to the swings.” I sprinted towards the park. I heard John shout ‘Hey, that’s not fair you got a head start!’
Once I got to the swings, I sat down and waited for him. He arrived a few minutes later, his auburn-brown disheveled hair was blocking his beautiful blue eyes. I stood up and brushed the hair out of his face.
It took me this time to notice how blue his eyes really are; it had green specks in it. I felt his breath near me; somehow it sent me in a frenzy. It felt so new having him this close to me. His long arms wrapping around my waist, my heart felt like it was about to explode. His lips grazing mine, it was magical. My knees started turning jelly-like, my stomach was overflowing with butterflies, and my head was spinning.
“I let you win because I love you.” He said once we were apart.
“But why?” I tried my best not to collapse.
“I don’t like seeing you sad. I want you to be happy all the time.” He smiled.
“That’s sweet, I love you too.”
“What?”
”I do, I just realized that after you kissed me.”
“I should’ve kissed you earlier!” He joked.
“Yeah, you should’ve but you didn’t. I bet you I’ll be the highest one on the swings.” I laughed.
“That’s impossible!” He sat on the swing next to me and began swinging.
“John, one more thing.” I mimicked his actions.
“What?”
“Ninjas pwn Pirates, man!”
“Yeah yeah. I never knew why I sided with Pirates anyway!”
©Gabrielle.

No comments:
Post a Comment