♥Chapter 1♥
Flashbacks
Flashbacks
‘Tell me that you love me,
And it’ll be alright.
Are you thinking of me?
Just come with me tonight.
You know I need you, just like you need me;
Can’t stop, won’t stop; I must be dreaming’
And it’ll be alright.
Are you thinking of me?
Just come with me tonight.
You know I need you, just like you need me;
Can’t stop, won’t stop; I must be dreaming’
“Cassie, Mr. Richards is looking for you.” Amy, my co-worker and best friend for two years said.
Mr. Chris Richards is my boss. For two years, I’ve been working for him, meeting new people and interviewing them as well. Thankfully, I haven’t come across Split Second Eternity in the years that went by.
I made my way to his office; I knocked on the door and went inside the room.
“Hey Chris.” I said, giving him a hug.
“Hey honey! How are you? I haven’t seen you in a while. My, don’t you look fabulous!” He held me by my shoulders and looked me up and down with a smile; did I mention he was gay? Well, he is.
“Thanks. You look beautiful yourself. I love the new haircut!”
“Oh stop! Anyways, I called you because I am in need of your fabulous pictures again. Take a seat”
“Okay, what band?” I asked as I was sitting down.
“Every band on warped tour, honey” He beamed.
“Stressful but okay, when will I be leaving?” I stood up, ready for my departure.
“Now.” I got up and made my way outside the building. I was used to him telling me events in the last minute. For a best friend, he sure is bossy.
Once I reached the parking lot, I got on my car and went to the airport. I left my Audi at my dad’s and decided to buy a 2009 Lamborghini Gallardo once I had enough money to buy one. Chris told me that I would be meeting one of the bands in warped tour once I landed in California, he wouldn’t tell me what band it was; all I know is, I was in for a surprise.
For two years, I’ve successfully avoided Split Second Eternity. I ignored their calls, e-mails, and even their texts. I want nothing to do with them, as selfish as it may seem. I didn’t want to be a bother to them; I didn’t want to be the people that’ll make the group disband. Before I left, I could feel the tension between Alex and Derek even if they didn’t mean to show it, it was just there.
Soon enough the phone calls started to deescalate, the text messages stopped as well as the e-mails—we went our separate ways.
As of now I’m living my dream, doing my three favorite things: traveling, taking pictures, and meeting bands. In a span of two years, I became the Photo Journalist for Alternative Press Magazine, just like I wanted to be. I can pay the bills, shop, and give something to my brother who’s been there for me all the way.
I checked my luggage in once I reached the airport. I went to the gate and went inside the plane that Chris arranged for me. Private plane, sweet.
I decided that it would be a good time for me to sleep; I have had some unlikely experiences inside a plane. To cut it short, I’m afraid of heights.
“Ma’am, we’ve arrived” I heard the stewardess said as she was shaking me awake. I groggily stood up and collected my things, making sure I didn’t leave anything important. Before I could get out of the plane, the same stewardess gave me a folder which contained the names of the bands I was assigned to take pictures of. It involved bands such as All Time Low, A Rocket to the Moon, The Maine, and There for Tomorrow.
As I was scanning the paper, I couldn’t help but gasp at the name that I’ve been avoiding for so long. It was the band that wrote an album full of songs about me; telling me how much they miss me and how bad I was for leaving them. They were the people I’ve tried forgetting but I just couldn’t. It was Split Second Eternity.
I called Chris and asked why he chose me for this project.
“I know you have talent sweetie and no one is going to notice that if you’re rejecting all the big offers I gave you just because it involved them. I know that you shared something very special with them but if they’re the ones holding you back, I guess it’s time you face them and get this over with.” He hung up.
I sighed and made my way outside the airport where I saw a big sign that said ‘Welcome Cassandra Avery!’ being held by five guys. One was the tallest of them all, he had the heartbreaker smile. The guy next to him had orange-ish hair. The other two had almost the same height but one of them had sunglasses and reddish brown hair. The last one was the smallest; he was holding the sign with a big smile on his face. They were all looking at different directions, probably finding a person that looks like their name is Cassandra Avery.
“Dudes, I think that’s her!” The smallest one pointed at a girl that was wearing something that’s too revealing for the naked eye.
“No, you idiot that doesn’t even look like the girl in this picture!” The guy with orange hair thumped him.
“Oh right.”
I laughed and made my way to them. The tallest guy was the first one to notice me; he gave me that smile that could melt every girl in this airport.
“Hi” I waved.
“Hey, you must be Cassandra right?” He smiled.
“Cassie, but yeah.”
“Okay, wait here.” I nodded. He went to the direction of the four boys and probably told them that it was me they were looking for. Together, they made their way back to me.
“So Cassie…” The guy with reddish brown hair said.
“Hi, may I ask who you people are?” I smiled.
“Oh right! I’m Garrett” The reddish brown haired guy said.
“I’m John” The tallest one waved.
“I’m Kennedy” The guy that was the same height as Garrett said.
“I’m Jared” The orange haired guy said.
“I’m Pat!” The smallest one said.
We all went to the car that I guessed was rented and drove to the venue. John was driving and Jared was in the passenger seat leaving me to sit with Kennedy and Garrett while Pat was in the back.
“Hey, you come here often?” Kennedy started.
“No, but with you here I don’t think I’ll ever come here ever again.” I smirked at his shocked face.
Everyone in the car shouted ‘Burn!’
“Cassie, I think this is the start of a very beautiful friendship.” Garrett said as he put an arm around me.
“Yes Garrett, I think it is.” I smiled.
Just then, it all clicked. John, as in Johnohhh. Pat, Garrett, Jared, and Kennedy. They’re the members of The Maine. Why didn’t I notice it earlier? Chris said it was a surprise, a surprise indeed.
I squealed making John swerve the car.
“Damn it Cassie, keep the volume normal” John said.
“You guys are The Maine!” I ignored John’s comment.
“Yes, I think we knew that since the day we stared the band.” Jared said.
“You are The Maine!” I said, a huge smile on my face started to appear.
“Yes.” They all chorused.
“You’re Garrett and you’re Kennedy and you’re Jared, Pat, and Johnohhh!” I pointed at them.
“Yes.”
“This is so cool.”
“Fan girl moment, Cassie?” John smirked.
“No.” I looked down, hiding my now red cheeks.
“Aww! A fan!” Kennedy cooed.
“Shut up. John, hurry up!”
“Anything for our little fan” The smirk was still placed on his face.
I groaned in response. Oh great.
Two years and I still haven’t gotten over the whole fan girl thing.
©Gabrielle

Nice one, grasshopper!!
ReplyDelete