Thursday, December 24, 2009

Can't Stop, Won't Stop.1.

My new story. Only five chapters though. Enjoy :)

Chapter One

Stuttering


You're like a bullet, girl, to my heart
You're like a very far shooting star
The very thing that I need
Look at how you get to me


“Sam, wake up! You’re going to be late for school.” I heard my mom shout from the bottom of the stairs.


I grudgingly stood up and walked towards the bathroom. Once I finished my daily routine, I settled on wearing a Glamour Kills tee, black acid washed jeans, my favorite rainbow colored high tops, and an All Time Low hoodie.


School was never one of my favorite places to be in but I had to go in order to get a good job. The only bright side to school is that I get to see my friends and unlike other schools, lunch is quite edible. Since Christmas break is over, it’s time to get back to our old, boring, and unsatisfying lives.


I walked downstairs and grabbed a bowl and pours cereal and milk on it. I watched as my mom made breakfast. As if on cue, my dad waltzed inside the room as if he is starting his best day in his life.


“Good morning, sweetie.” My dad kissed my mom’s cheek.

“Good morning, take a seat and have breakfast.” My mom instructed.

“Okay. Good morning, Sam.” He said once he sat next to me, waiting for the food.

“Good morning, daddy.” I finished my cereal and placed it on the sink. Time to go to school. Bleck.

“Bye honey, take care!” My mom called out, I waved in response.


I walked towards the garage and got on my car, a 2009 Audi R8. The joys of being a Junior, I finally have my license. It took me ten minutes to go to school. I walked to my locker slowly, as if I really don’t want to be here; which is true.


As I take out my books and binder, a small note fell.


I think she's pretty but pretty's just part of the things she does that amaze me.


I stood there, dumbfounded. Who could’ve written this? I chose to ignore it, it’s probably for someone else, and went on to my first class.


“Good morning, Caleb.” I smiled once I sat down next to my best friend.

“There’s our favorite girl.”

Mr. Richards entered the room and began teaching us about mole fraction.


“Caleb, I found something in my locker.” I blurted.

“I swear, if it’s my gym socks I didn’t put it in there!” He held his hands up in surrender.

“It’s not that, silly. Here.” I handed him the note.

“A love note?”

“Yeah.” I watched as he analyzed the note.


Caleb Joshua Knight, my best friend. He has blue eyes and auburn brown hair, stands five feet nine inches, and considered as the class clown. He loves to goof off and just do random stuff. We met when I was five, some ugly kid picked on me by taking my doll; thankfully, he was there to help me. We’ve been friends ever since.


“I’ve been thinking, what if someone just put it on my locker by accident?” I asked.

“Sammie, what if they didn’t?” He paused.

“That's preposterous! You’re not giving yourself credit that you deserve, you’re pretty, smart, and talented!” He exclaimed.

“Anything you’d like to share with the class, Mr. Knight?” Mr. Richards gave him the ‘you’ve-got-something-you’re-not-telling-me’ look.

“Nothing, sorry.”

“Very well then, eyes back here class!”

“I am not, I’m just an average looking girl!”

“You’re beauty is above average, my dear.” He whispered. I knew he meant it in an ‘I’m your best friend’ way but somehow that still made the heat rush up to my cheeks.


I focused on the lesson for the next forty-five minutes and once the bell rang, I was off to my next class which is AP Literature. I took a seat and saw a note neatly placed on my desk.


“Not another one.” I cursed, silently.


She's figured out all the boys like me
Head to toe you know she's dressed to kill
And she could the way she's looking at me
It's her face and those eyes, I can't escape 'em


Well, at least it’s longer than the last one. I took the note and placed it inside a notebook along with the other one.


Whoever this mystery person is, I give him props for quoting my favorite songs.


Lunch came and I walked to the cafeteria. I paid for my lunch and waited for Caleb and Emily to arrive. As I was walking to our usual table, I saw a green piece of paper on the table. I placed my tray on the table and took the note.


You walk into the room and I want to tell you but I just can't speak. This shouldn’t be so difficult, why? Tell me why I see you and I just can’t breathe.


I felt an arm on my shoulder, I jumped.


“Hey, easy there. You okay?” Emily asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

“What’s that?” She asked but before I could answer, she took the note.

“It’s nothing.”

“No, it’s a love note! How cute.” She gushed.

“It’s not. It’s creepy. It’s like he knows where I am all the time.”

“Like you very own stalker?” Caleb asked as he sat down.

“Yeah.”

“Don’t worry. Whoever it is must really like you.” He reassured.

“Or he is really obsessed with me.” I sighed. I swear I saw Caleb’s eyes flicker from happy to hurt. Wonder what’s up with him.

“Don’t worry, Sammie. Maybe it’s his way of telling you he likes you. Don’t think like that.” Emily smiled.

“Okay.”


We finished our food and apparently the notes stopped until the rest of the day. Maybe the ‘secret admirer’ heard me and backed off. At least he’s out of my hair.


Or so I thought.


©Gabrielle.

2 comments: