♥Chapter 7♥
'cause we are together, made for each other.
‘We're falling faster,
Will you think about it?
If I fall over,
Will you catch me, baby?
'Cause there's an awful lot of people waiting,
To get their hands on everything we've got.’
Aaaah. Saturday. I get to sleep late.
‘Go on; believe, if it turns you on.
Take what you need ‘til your body’s numb.
Prostitution is revolution.
You can hate me, after you pay me.
My submission is your addiction.
So just get out while you can’
Sadly, I was awaken by my phone ringing. I groaned, and answered the phone.
“Good morning, sunshine!” Hayley greeted me like she had no idea she woke me up, knowing her she would know that she woke me up. Damn hyper-in-the-morning girl.
“What?” I was beyond pissed; it was a Saturday for Pete’s sake! My sleeping late day!
“Well, my dear skittles loving friend, I thought that we could hang out. You, me and the mall!” She squealed.
“Ugh, no. Are you aware that it’s my sleeping late day?! Give me a few hours and I’ll be ready.” I groaned.
“What do you mean a few hours?! It’s already 2pm! Wake up!” She screamed. Ouch, I’m going to need a hearing aid for that.
“Why don’t you ask your boy toy Alex to join you?” I snapped.
“He and Derek are busy doing something today. Now up!” She shouted.
. I glanced at the clock and saw that it was already 2pm. Ugh, better get up now before Hayley would come over here and get me up.
“Fine, come over here in 30 minutes.” I sighed.
“Mmkay! Bye Bye!” She hung up the phone.
I forced myself up and made my way to that bathroom. I stripped off my pajamas and let the warm water overwhelm me. I poured strawberry-scented shampoo on my hands and began lathering. I rinsed, and began soaping. After I was finished, I dried myself off with a towel and made my way to my walk-in closet.
I changed into a purple tee that said ‘There's too much blood in my alcohol system.’ Ha-ha. That makes me laugh. Black shorts and my favorite black high tops. I grabbed my wallet, my keys, and my phone. A few minutes later Hayley arrived, we headed out and drove to the mall.
We went to American Apparel, Hurley, Hot Topic, and we were currently in the food court eating burgers.
“Hey Cas.” Hayley started.
“Yeah?”
“I think I’m done with Alex.” She blurted.
“What?! Why, you two were so cute together!” I exclaimed.
“Yeah, I know. But he doesn’t seem like the right guy, and I have to keep my reputation.” She mumbled the last part.
“Hayley, just imagine how hurt he’s going to be if you do that. He has liked you since the 3rd grade and you’re just going to dump him like the rest of the boys you played.” I reasoned out.
I don’t want to see how hurt my best friend’s going to be, he doesn’t deserve that kind of pain.
“Is he not good enough for you?” I asked, looking at my soda.
“No! That’s just it! He’s too good for me.”
“It makes me feel guilty that I’m the girlfriend who changes boyfriends like I change clothes, I can’t do this anymore.” At this point, tears were threatening to fall out from her eyes; I don’t know what to do. Should I let her break his heart or let her be guilty and stay with him. No, I can’t do that to Hayley. I couldn’t do that to Alex too. Urgh. This makes me so confused!
“Do what you want Hayley.” I replied.
“What?” She lifted her head to see my expression, but I masked it and made it look blank.
“Yeah, do what you want. I don’t want to be in the middle of this, it’s your relationship so you do whatever you want. But I’ll tell you this, if he ends up heart broken and hurt, you don’t know how it’s going to kill us all seeing him like that. So think about what you’re about to do before you do it.”
“Thanks Cassie, don’t worry. My decision will be the best, for both of us.” She said.
“It better be. Anyway, should we head back or continue shopping?” I looked at the 11 or so bags we already had, dreading to do more shopping. I don’t think I could carry anymore of these bags.
“Nah, I think we’ve had enough shopping. Let’s head to your house and watch TV.” She suggested.
“How about we go to your house instead, we always go to my house. I’m sick of my house!” I raised my hands up for dramatic effect, or tried to; the bags were too heavy for my little self. Well not actually little, I’m 5”9 so, me no little. No no.
“Fine. Sleepover?” She looked up at me with hopeful eyes.
“Sure.” I sighed.
We went to the parking lot and stuffed our shit in the trunk and the back seat. See, I told you we had so many bags.
“Can I drive?” She was jumping up and down.
“Are you serious? This is my baby we’re talking about. No.” I crossed my arms over my chest. My stubborn stance if you prefer.
“Come on! You always drive!” She whined.
“That’s because we always use my car.” I argued.
“Just once! Please!” She gave me her best puppy dog pout, but me being the tough rock I am, ignored it.
“Ha! That so doesn’t work for me!” She continued to give me the eyes.
“No. No. No.” I fought myself from looking at her.
“Come on. Just once please. I’ll give you my favorite shoes.” She negotiated.
“You mean the pink and black ones? With the little hearts at the side?” Hey, these were the shoes I’ve been wanting ever since the day she bought it.
“Yes.” She sighed, clearly not wanting to give up those shoes. Aah. The enjoyment of her pain.
“Okay. Just once. Please take care of her or else I’ll let Max bite you!” I warned. Max was my puppy husky; he has one blue eye and one black eye. He was black and white, and oh so adorable!
“Fine. And FYI, Maxie can’t hurt a fly!” She joked, getting inside the car.
“Oh he so can! He once bit Sebastian!” I laughed at the memory.
We arrived at her house, Hayley’s house was the typical two story house with a pool; aka my dream house. Though my house isn’t something to be sad about, it’s beautiful in its own unique way. I went straight to her room to change my clothes; I stayed her all the time so basically some of my clothes were in there as well. I changed into a white tank top and plaid pajamas. I came back down and saw Mrs. Smith making dinner and Hayley watching MTV. I sat next to her.
“Don’t change the channel ‘cause up next is Split Second Eternity!” The interviewer announced, mine and Hayley’s mouth was wide open, our jaws practically reached the floor.
“What the hell?!” I jumped.
“Oh, so that’s why they’re busy today.” She nodded her head as if agreeing with herself.
We watched the whole interview about them, sometimes they would joke around. They were really themselves during the whole time. They also announced that they would be on tour with All Time Low and The Maine this summer. Psh, as if I didn’t know that already.
After the interview, we shut off the TV and ate dinner with her parents. They acted more like parents that my parents would ever be. Mr. and Mrs. Smith told me, more like demanded me, to call them mom and dad ‘because they feel like I’m their second child or something. Me, being scared for my dear life, nodded my head. Hayley, being the annoying person she is, laughed like there was no tomorrow.
We went to her room and did the normal things you’d do at sleepovers. Gossip, painting nails (I painted mine purple with black dots. Ha-ha), games, and food; lots and lots of food.
We passed out, from being so full and exhaustion, around 3 am. I think I’m going to puke.
© Gabrielle.

No comments:
Post a Comment