Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Tale Of Two Kids.

This is something that was supposed to be our project in Filipino and I just had to post it here 'cause I think it's so cute. This is a one-shot. My first non-fanfic one-shot so enjoy. :D


The Tale of Two Kids.


Once upon a time, there was a little girl named Nicole and a little boy named Caleb. Together, they were the best of friends; they did almost anything and everything together. They swore that they’ll never be apart, that is until one day Caleb started to drift away from Nicole.


“Caleb, let’s play hide and seek!” A fifteen-year-old Nicole invited.

“No, I don’t want to. It’s so childish.” He said.

“We used to play it all the time!” She cried.

“Don’t you think that’s it’s time we grew up? I’m sick of your little games, Nicole.” He used to call her ‘Nikki’ when they were young.

“Fine then don’t play with me any more!” With that, she ran; tears were cascading down her cheeks.


It’s been two years since that day; Caleb didn’t bother to apologize while Nicole didn’t bother him at all. Caleb matured over the years, he was no longer the kid that would play all those silly games with Nicole while the little girl was still a little girl at heart; she’d love a game of tag or hide and seek though those little games made her feel like a kid again, her heart said that there was still something missing.


They went to the same school but they both made sure they won’t cross each other’s paths, they had the same classes but neither of them talked but everyone could see that they liked each other. How? Stolen glances.


Faith, Nicole’s best friend didn’t like that they were treating each other like this, so she started devising a plan. Who know this plan could work out so well? No one did.


“Nikki, can you please get my books near that fountain. I forgot to get it.” She acted once she saw Caleb waiting there. Nicole, being a good friend, agreed. What she didn’t know was this was all part of Faith’s plan to make them friends again, if not more. Once she saw Caleb, she stopped and stared. This was the first time they’ve seen each other at a full view. Caleb did the same with her.


Nicole never admitted this, but ever since they were ten she developed a liking towards her ex-best friend. Seeing him now, all matured and such, those feeling seem to come back. Her heart was fluttering as she caught his eye; her stomach was filled with butterflies as she looked at him.


“I was just about to get something from my friend.” Nicole stuttered.

“Nicole, can I please talk to you?” He pleaded.

“About what?” She didn’t mean for her words to come off as strong but it did.

“About two years ago.” He whispered.

“It’s cool, I get it. You have your life, I have mine. You don’t like to play games, I do. Nothing to talk about.” She said.

“Yes there is, I felt bad for doing what I did. Most of all, I felt bad for losing the only person that kept me sane. I lost the only girl that I truly loved and still do.”
“What?” Nicole asked, shocked to be hearing these words.

“I love you, Nicole. Ever since middle school.” He walked closer to her.

“Then why?” She mumbled.

“I don’t want to lose you but I’ve grown up and you should too.”

“That’s the problem with the world today.” She mumbled.

“What is?” He was now stroking her cheek.

“Everybody wants to grow up so fast! What’s wrong with being young? There is nothing wrong with being a kid every once in awhile. It’s the only way I stay sane and stress-free.” She explained, tears rolling down her face. He made her cry once again.

“I’m sorry.” He wiped her tears and hugged her.

“You keep me young Nicole, and that’s what I love about you.” He whispered into her ear making her cheeks turn different shades of red.


She looked into his blue eyes and kissed him.


“I love you too. You keep me old.” She giggled, a smile forming on Caleb’s lips.

“Let’s promise to never fight again.” She declared, holding out her pinkie.

Caleb laughed and said. “I promise.”


With that, they became the best of friends once again but this time it was different because they know they share something different. Something special.


It was love.


©Gabrielle


No comments:

Post a Comment