♥Chapter 4♥
Can’t Handle It
‘No good,
you’re up to no good,
but damn you look good and I’m drunk.
Now you got me kinda thinking like maybe I would.
So hard to be good,
it’s so hard to be good.’
When we finished our food, Aiden wanted to pay which lead to an argument about who’ll be paying. Guess what? He won. We walked out of the diner and went back to the venue. I saw Alex run towards us making me grab Aiden’s hand and told him that I would be leaving, he said no.
“Dude, did you see a girl pass by?” He asked, not paying attention to me.
“There are a lot of girls here, Alex.” Aiden said in a ‘duh’ tone.
“No, she was about her height!” Alex pointed his index finger at me.
“No. Why?”
“I just had the best hook up ever! It was like crowd surfing only better!” He exclaimed making me look down to hide my blush. Good, he didn’t know it was me.
“Get over it, man. It was probably a one time thing.” Aiden said, walking away with me following behind.
“Whatever dude.”
“Hey Aid, can you do me a favor?” I asked once Alex left, probably searching for the girl that was right in front of him.
“Sure. What is it?” He looked down at me.
“Can you gather all your band members so I could take your picture? I need it for work.”
“Sure, where?”
”Over there.” I pointed to the tree I was a few days back.
“Okay.” He walked away to find his members while I walked to the tree where we’ll be meeting. I guess it was now or never.
I sat down, resting my back on the tree’s trunk. I fiddled with my phone while waiting for them. I received a text from Jared; he was wondering why he didn’t see me in their bus, I told him that I slept over with people that were my old friends.
I saw Split Second Eternity goofing around as they were making their way to me, I stood up. They stopped and stared at me while I stared back. Aiden nodded his head, telling me to get this over with.
“Hey, I’m from AP Magazine and I was wondering if I could take your pictures for my new article?” I looked at them; shock was still visible in their faces.
“Cassie, you’re Cassie aren’t you?” Jake asked, jumping up and down.
“Yes, yes I am.” I responded.
“I knew it was you! Cassie-bear I missed you!” Jake ran up to me and hugged me; I hugged him back, smiling.
“So shall we get this started?” I asked. Two down, two to go.
During the whole photo session, Alex and Derek were quiet. Not a word came out from their mouths, they’re really mad at me. I decided to talk to Derek first; Alex was harder to talk to than Derek.
“Hey Der.” I said, casually.
“Don’t ‘hey Der’ me Cassie, do you even know how worried and sad we were? No you don’t!” He practically yelled.
“I’m sorry.” I looked down.
“You are?” He looked at me; his eyes were showing no emotion.
“Yeah.” I smiled, hoping that he’d forgive me.
“Well, sorry doesn’t cut it.” He crossed his arms like a little boy.
“Derek, I’m sorry for what I did. I truly am, but I was hoping that you would forgive me.” I hugged him, he didn’t respond at first but soon enough he was hugging me as well.
“Cass, how could I not forgive you? You have this effect on people.”
“So you want to get some food?” I asked.
“But you just ate!” Aiden exclaimed.
“Shut up! I want to eat, I’m a growing girl!”
“Doesn’t look like it.” Jake muttered but it was loud enough to be heard.
“Stop being mean. Let’s go to our bus and eat.” Derek pulled my arm and took me to their bus.
“So you’re just going to forgive her like that? I can’t believe you guys.” Alex stormed off, leaving the five of us to think.
“I think I should go and apologize to him. We’ll eat later.” I said.
“Cass, it’s going to be hard. He’s the worst one out of us.” Jake tried to reason out with me.
“No, it’s time I face him and fix every damage I’ve done.”
“Good luck. Come back alive, okay?” Derek hugged me and I went off to the direction Alex went to.
Soon enough, I found him sitting at the stage. I carefully walked up to him and sat with him. He looked at me, pissed.
“What are you doing here?” He spat.
“Alex, I’m sorry.”
“For what? For breaking our promise? For lying to me? For not answering my calls, e-mails, texts? For what, Cassie. Tell me!” He yelled.
“For everything.” I blinked back tears that wanted to come out so bad. Alex has never raised his voice like this to anyone until now.
“I’m sorry for lying to you, promising you that I’d be with you on your first tour and not doing that. I’m sorry for cutting our connection. Most of all, I’m sorry for destroying something we had.” Tears won the battle and were now falling from my eyes.
“I’d forgive you Cassie; just tell me why you did what you did.”
“I did it because I was afraid.” I looked down; this reason was really stupid come to think of it.
“Afraid?” He lifted my chin and made me look into his eyes. They still had the same effect on me.
“I was afraid that you’d be so famous that you’ll forget about me.”
“Cassie, you of all people should know that it won’t happen” He said.
“I know and I’m sorry.”
“Apology accepted.” He smiled.
“Really?”
“Really.” I hugged him, he laughed and hugged back.
“It’s really good to have my best friend back.” He whispered into my ear.
“Yeah, best friend.” I closed my eyes and inhaled his scent.
Apparently Alex still had that effect on me. He still gave me butterflies at the simplest touch, make me smile at the sweetest things he says and does, hypnotize me with his beautiful eyes. Most of all, Alex made me fall in love with him all over again.
© Gabrielle

No comments:
Post a Comment