♥Chapter 11♥
Tell Me Why I See You and I Just Can’t Breathe
‘Where is your boy tonight?
I hope he is a gentleman.
Maybe he won't find out what I know:
you were the last good thing about this part of town.’
I woke up to a couch that I was sure belonged to All Time Low; I also saw that I was not wearing the clothes I wore last night but it was a white tank top and black acid wash jeans, I was also wearing a hoodie which I think belonged to Alex because it smelled like him. I heard the door open and close, the smell of burgers instantly filled my nose.
“She’s awake.” Jack announced.
“Yeah, how did I get here anyways?” I asked, taking his burger.
“Zack carried you.” Alex grinned, I have a feeling I won’t like this.
“And my clothes?” I asked.
“Alex did.” I looked at Alex and found out why he was grinning.
“Why did you let him change me?” I shrieked.
“Come on, Cassie. I’ve seen thousands of those. Yours won’t change anything.” He gave me an assuring smile. I felt myself relax, I knew Alex very well and know when he’s kidding or not.
“Where are we?” I asked.
“
“Ignore him; he has caffeine in his system.” Alex shrugged.
“What do we do now?” I asked.
“Man, you’re full of questions aren’t you?” Alex grinned and said we were going to his house and party.
“Okay, just let me get my shoes.” As I was about to walk away, Rian grabbed my arm.
“Already got them, Cassandra.” I grabbed my shoes and patted his arm.
“You really should stop calling me Cassandra, Rian.”
“Why? It’s more formal and no one calls you that.” He whined.
“Yeah, no one but my mom.” I grinned and fixed myself once I finished tying my shoes.
“Okay, ew. I will not call you that ever again.” He shuddered.
“Alex, Jack, shall we go?” I asked, they nodded their heads.
Alex already had his Audi waiting for him once we got out of the venue. It reminded me of my old one, how I missed that car. He drove us to a familiar street and soon enough, we were at his house.
“Lucky you, your house is near the venue.”
“I know right? Now no one would get lost.” He grinned.
“So what do we do?” I asked as I plopped down on Alex’s couch.
I heard a dog barking and I instantly shot up and hugged Jack, I saw Sebastian; Alex’s dog.
“What’s wrong, Cass? You’ve never been scared of dogs before.” Jack rubbed my back.
“Yeah, it’s just that Bass took me by surprise.” I said, Alex picked him up and shoved him in my face.
“Gaskarth, get your dog out of my face.” I said.
“But look at his eyes! They’re so cute!” He gushed, I looked at Bass’s big eyes and couldn’t help but let a little squeal out.
“Aw Bass. Come here you cute little thing you!” Alex set Bass down and he ran to me, I scooped him up and hugged him.
It had been a few hours since we arrived at Alex’s. Jack and Alex were bored while I was having fun playing with Bass, his energy reminded me of Max my now not so little husky.
“Did you see that Alex?” I squealed.
“What?” He asked in a bored tone.
“Bass licked my cheek! He’s so cute!”
“We heard you the last time.” Jack complained.
I walked over to their spot and asked what’s wrong.
“This was supposed to be our day not Cass and Bass day.” Jack grumbled and Alex grunted in agreement.
“I’m sorry. I guess he just reminded me of my pet Max.” I hugged them.
“It’s okay, now let’s have some fun!” Jack went to Alex’s room and got Rock Band, when he came back he noticed that there was only three of us; he went back and got Guitar Hero instead.
“Ready to lose, Barakat?” I challenged.
“Hello, guitarist!” He pointed to himself as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.
“Hello, awesome!” I mimicked his actions and began playing.
He was taking the lead but I plotted something evil in my head.
“How about we make this more interesting.” I suggested while playing.
“How?” He asked.
“Whoever loses has to run around the venue naked.” I grinned.
“You’re on. Get ready to lose, doll-face.” He laughed evilly.
“Jack! Look, boobies!” I screamed, he began looking everywhere making him lose a few points making me win.
“I win.” I jumped around and swayed my hips, this is what I call my victory dance.
“Not fair, you used my weakness.” He grumbled, Alex was laughing his butt off.
“I won fair and square now let’s go and see you run naked.” I laughed, pulling Alex’s arm, he didn’t comply at first but gave in.
When we arrived at the venue, I saw the whole place was packed and The Maine were playing their set, this is going to be fun.
“Jack! I dare you to run towards the stage and distract The Maine.” I dared.
“Come on, I’m going to run around naked and do that?” He complained.
“Please, I’ll give you fifty bucks if you do.” I bargained.
“Fine but those fifty bucks better be worth it.” Oh it will Jack.
He went behind their bus and once he came out he was wearing a thong and running around. He ran across the venue covering his man part. I saw Matt Flyzik, All Time Low’s manager, watching Jack with a very confused face. I walked over to him and told him to video it, he agreed. I’m beginning to like this guy.
Jack reached the stage and let go of his man part, he was wearing a thong. He flicked everyone off and yelled ‘Hell yeah, motherfuckers!’. All Time Low was laughing their asses off. John looked at Jack confused and introduced him. Jack hugged Kennedy and I swear I saw Kennedy shudder. He also sat on Pat and stole Jared’s guitar. I’m thinking Pat’s going to take a shower and Jared will burn that guitar. Lastly, he jumped on Garrett and played with his Bass.
The crowd was going crazy, I can’t believe Jack would actually do that. That boy has guts.
“You know if you weren’t his best friend, he’d kill you.” Alex said.
“Come on, it’s just a harmless joke.” I shrugged.
“Yeah, but still it’s embarrassing.” Zack laughed.
“Should I apologize?” I asked, feeling guilty.
“I think you should.” Rian said.
Once Jack got off stage, I tackled him with a hug.
“What’s wrong?” He asked, worried.
“I’m sorry I made you do that.” I said.
“It’s okay, I’ve always wanted to do that.” He grinned.
“Really?” I looked up.
“Yeah! Good thing this week’s prank week or else I’d be in big trouble. Don’t worry your pretty little face about it.” He reassured me.
“Let’s get you clothed, Barakat.” I said, dragging him to their bus.
We reached ATL’s bus and as Jack changed, Alex was sending out messages that there was a party at his house. I was going to go with them. We went back to his house to prepare, I took a nice long shower and as I got out I could hear the music blasting from downstairs. I got out of the room in my Glamour Kills tee, black skinnies, and red high tops. I saw that there were already lots of people there.
I grabbed a red cup and went over The Maine’s area. I sat down on Garrett’s lap and listened to them talk. Soon enough, I felt someone staring at me. I turned and saw Alex staring at me, intently. There was something in his eyes that I couldn’t decipher. Jealousy perhaps? I walked over to him and hugged him.
“Hey there.”
“Hey.” He replied.
“Something wrong?” I asked, he shook his head ‘no’.
“Let’s dance.” He suggested, I downed my drink and grabbed his hand and another cup.
“You know, we should hang out more.” He said once we finished dancing, I nodded my head.
“That’d be great.”
“I’ll see you tomorrow, then?” He smiled his perfect smile. That smile that made my heart explode.
“Yeah.”
With that, he walked away. I sighed and looked for Garrett. Once I found him, I sat next to him.
“Want to go to sleep?” He asked once he saw me yawn.
“No, I want to stay.” I argued.
“Okay, but if you fall asleep I’m carrying you back.” He said, I nodded.
I guess Jack was right, the chemistry was still there. It took me now to notice, but now I had to make a choice. Garrett or Alex?
Alex still had the same effect on me like he did two years ago. He’s still the same Alex I’ve known and loved, and I still do.
Garrett had almost the same effect Alex gives me but somehow it’s different.
I guess I’ll make that choice and hope I picked the right one.
©Gabrielle

No comments:
Post a Comment