Thursday, October 8, 2009

Two Kids, One Love.6.

Since there's no school, I thought 'why not make a new chapter?' so here it is!


♥Chapter 6♥

We Were So Young and Invincible


‘And we were just kids in love
The summer was full of mistakes we wouldn't learn from
The first kiss stole the breath from my lips
Why did the last one tear us apart?’


I woke up startled, hearing a noise. I got off my bunk and went to the lounge to watch TV. We were on the road to our next venue. To my surprise, I saw Kennedy on the couch, his head hung low. I thought he was asleep but found out he wasn’t when I saw a light coming from his phone, he was texting someone. I walked up to him and sat down next to him.


“Hey Kenny, is there something wrong?” I asked when I got a good look at his appearance, he looked troubled.

“Cassie, I can trust you right?” He asked and I nodded my head.

“I just had a fight with my girlfriend.” He said, his voice breaking.

“Why? What happened?” I asked, reaching out to him for a hug.

“She doesn’t like my band and said that I had to choose between her or my band.” He said.

“What did you say?”

“I said I’ll think about it but now I don’t know what to do, I love her but I also love being in this band. Cassie, I need your advice.” He pleaded.

“Well, if she really did love you then she wouldn’t make you choose. She’d be there for you, whatever your choice may be.” I said.

“Yeah, you know what? The guys hate her.” He added.

“Oh. Then I guess if she’s not cool with everything you love then I guess she’s not right for you.”

“Thanks a lot, Cass. It really helped. By the way, why are you still awake?” He asked.

“I heard a noise and I couldn’t fall asleep. How about you?” I glanced at the clock and saw that it was five twenty-nine in the morning.

“I just woke up.” He grinned.

“I never thought boys could wake up this early.” I joked earning a playful slap on the arm.


We decided to watch TV but after a few minutes I was asleep, using Kenny’s lap as a pillow. By the time I woke up, the bus was quiet and there was a note on the fridge.


Cassie,


Welcome to Ohio! We’re at IHOP for breakfast, just go there and you’ll find us. Hurry up before Jared eats all the pancakes.


-Garrett.


I changed my clothes and wore a yellow Glamour Kills shirt and my black short shorts along with my rainbow high tops. I feel like this will be a great day. I headed out and went to IHOP; the boys were there including All Time Low and Split Second Eternity, I took a seat next to Garrett who gave me a smile as I sat down. I saw there were already a stack of pancakes in front of me; I shot them a questioning look.


“I already ordered for you, I don’t know what you want but everyone likes pancakes!” Garrett said.

“Thank you.” I replied then started munching on my pancakes. Mmm, so good.

“Let’s head back, shall we?” Garrett asked once everyone was finished with their meals, I nodded my head in response.


We walked out the door, I felt someone grasp my hand. Curiously, I looked up and saw Garrett wearing a cheeky smile. I smiled in return. Once we reached the venue, I decided to roam around. I brought my iPod, camera, and phone with me.


“See you guys later.” I waved.

“Wait, where are you going?” Rian asked.

“Band hunting, I don’t want to be cramming on the last days of tour.” I smiled.


Successfully, I finish just about three-fourths of the list Chris gave me. I took a seat on Mayday’s merch tent, feeling the heat and exhaustion. As I took a sip of water I stole from Jeremy from Mayday Parade, I felt my thigh vibrate.


Cass, party at our bus. See you in ten. xx. It was Garrett; I replied with an ‘okay’ and began making my way to our bus. A few meters before I made it there, I could hear an obnoxiously loud rap song playing; the source was our bus. I entered the bus, grabbed a book then headed out. I wasn’t in the mood to be partying. I don’t want to repeat what happened last time. I went to All Time Low’s bus thinking that no one was there, they’re probably out partying.


“Zack, my secret lover! I thought you’d be out partying your ass off.” I said once I saw Zack on his laptop.

“Why hello lover, it’s been a while.” He smiled; yes I call Zack my ‘secret lover’. Why you ask? To piss Jack off. It’s fun if you see his face.

“I have a bump on my head, giving me a major headache.” He pointed to a spot where I assumed the bump was, I went over there to check it out.

“It’s huge!” I said referring to the bump on his forehead.

”That’s what she said.” He laughed.

“So what is our agenda for tonight, lover?” I asked.

“Movie?” He suggested.


We settled on a couch and watch whatever movie seemed cool. Half-way into the third movie, we heard the door open. We saw Alex and a random girl making out. I covered my now non-virgin eyes. Knowing Alex, he’d probably ignore this girl the next day. Poor her.


“It’s safe now.” Zack declared, I slowly uncovered my eyes and saw them nowhere. I sighed in relief.

“With Alex here, it’s never safe.” I said.

“True, I wonder which bed they’ll be.”

“Good thing I don’t sleep here.” I breathed out.


Our movie was cut short because we heard someone moan, we dashed out of the bus and just walked.


“That was gross.” I commented.

“It would be grosser if that girly moan was Alex.” He laughed.


We reached The Maine’s bus and saw it was quiet now. The party had just ended, meaning I could go and sleep in my bunk.


“Good night Zacky. Thanks for tonight” I hugged him.

“Good night, Cass. It’s no problem, I missed our hang outs.”

“Totally. We should do this more often.” I suggested, he nodded.


I went inside and saw Jeremy and Derek of Mayday passed out on the floor, I went over them and opened my bunk. Thank God no one was there, clothed or unclothed. Before I went inside, I heard shuffling beneath me. Please don’t let it be what I think it is. My curtains opened and I saw a very drunk looking Garrett.


“Hey Gar, what’s wrong?” I asked.

“I want to sleep.” He said in a very tired tone.

“Then sleep in your bunk.” I stated.
”Jack’s in there, with someone.” He whispered, I made a face and scooted so he would fit. I patted the empty space next to me, motioning for him to come and lay with me; he did.

“Gar, sing me to sleep.” I said, facing him.

“That’s why I’m the bassist, Cass. I can’t sing.” He faced me.

“Please, for me.” I pouted then grinned when I heard him sigh. I knew I won this round.

She sees something in me that I have never seen.
It compliments my life but I don't know what that means.
And how can you say, you don't want to bother here?
There's too much suspense and not enough outcome.
” Garrett sang, it was a lie when he said that he can’t sing. He had an amazing voice. I soon found myself falling asleep in the arms of Garrett.


©Gabrielle

No comments:

Post a Comment