♥Chapter 8♥
‘You're like a bullet girl to my heart
you’re like a very far shooting star
the very thing that I need
Look at how you get to me’
We arrived in
“Holy shit,
“I can see that Johnny, what time do you guys play?” I asked as I set foot on
“Around three” He replied.
I felt a pair of arms wrapped around my waist, I turned and saw Garrett. I smiled, he kissed my cheek. He’s becoming touchy-feely these past few days, not that I minded. One of your idols actually likes you, who would pass that up?
“Hey there” He said.
“Hey handsome, what’s our plan for today?” I asked.
“I was thinking after our set, a pretty girl would come with me and meet my parents?” He smiled.
“Oh, who’s the lucky girl?” I asked.
“I was thinking about you.”
“Oh, okay.” I beamed.
“See you later then.” He kissed my cheek and helped set up merch.
I laughed and began searching for the rest of the bands I have to take pictures of. Only three more, I can’t believe I could do it that fast. I’ve already sent Chris the other pictures and he’s really happy about it.
“I saw that.” I heard a voice say behind me, I turned and saw Jake smirking.
“Saw what?”
“That little thing with you and Nickelsen.”
“It was nothing.” I shrugged.
“It looked like something; I could see you barely contain your smile.” He laughed.
“Shut up.” I shoved him, hiding my blush.
“Come on Cass, that boy is falling for you hard.” He said in a seriously concerned voice.
“Don’t worry, if I feel the same way then I’ll let the rest happen.”
“What about Alex?” He reasoned.
“What about him?”
“I can see the way he looks at you, Cassie. He still likes you, if not loves you. When you left, I saw him crushed. Now that you’re here, it’s like you’ve shed some light in his darkness. You’re his light, his safe-zone, his life. You’re everything he wants and he needs. Without you, life’s like hell for him. I just wish that you’ll understand that.” He said.
“Those are really sweet words, Jake.”
“His words, not mine.” He mumbled.
“His lyrics?” I asked in shock.
“First one of the album.” He grinned then made a serious face.
“Don’t hurt him again, Cass. I don’t want to see him hurt like he was before.”
“I won’t.”
I left Jake because I saw a band that I haven’t taken a picture of. I quickly took their pictures and headed over to All Time Low’s bus to vent.
“Jack!” I screamed once I entered the bus. Four heads popped up.
“What’s wrong?” Jack said, hugging me.
“I have a problem.”
“I think we’ve established that, Cass. What is it?” Alex said, stroking my head.
“Boy problems.” I said.
“Oh, well then. Zack!” Alex yelled.
“What?” Zack asked, clearly annoyed.
“Cassie’s got a problem.” Zack immediately took my hand and led me to his bunk.
“What’s wrong, lover?” He asked once we sat down.
“I don’t know what to do, Zack. I love Alex, I know that for sure but Garrett comes and charms me with his personality. Jake came up to me today and saw Garrett kiss my cheek and he told me that I should watch what I do because I might end up breaking Alex’s heart again.”
“What does your heart tell you to do?” He asked.
“My heart aches for Alex but also for Garrett.”
“Then just let things fall into place. If Garrett asks you out, then see what happens next. If you don’t like him as you said you do then break up and go to Alex.” He said.
“Think that could work?” My gray eyes met his brown eyes.
“If Alex is worth the pain, it could.” He smiled a small smile.
“Thanks, lover.” I hugged him.
I lounged in the bus for a while but when they had to do merch, I was gone. I went to the side of the stage where The Maine would be playing, I saw them doing sound check. I stood up next to John and poked his side.
“Stop, Cass! I’m ticklish.” He had a little trouble saying that because he was laughing.
“Okay. What can I do to help? I’m bored!” I whined.
“How about Cassie sings with you, John?” Kennedy suggested.
“What?” I shrieked. Singing in front of thousands of people is what scared me the most.
“Yeah! What do you say?” He looked at me with those puppy dog eyes that no one could resist.
“Fine.” I sighed.
“Great!” John cheered and decided to sing ‘We Change, We Wait’ together.
After a few rehearsals, we were finally ready to play. The
“Okay, fuckers. I’d like to introduce you to my new friend, Cassie.” John ushered me to go near him.
“Now Cassie here is going to help me sing a song I’m sure all of you are familiar with.” The crowd cheered like there was no tomorrow.
Now I get why they love touring and performing. It was like there was this energy radiating off each person in the venue, making you feel this rush that you’ve never felt before.
When we got off stage, there was still some energy left in me. I jumped up and down.
“Easy there, tiger.” John chuckled.
“That was so amazing! The rush, oh my God. It was ecstatic!” I rambled.
“We know, imagine feeling that every time you’re on stage.” Pat smiled.
“If you guys don’t mind, me and this lady right here have some business to attend to.” Garrett tugged on my arm. I followed, he picked out my whole outfit for tonight.
I came out wearing a yellow sundress and white flip flops along with a headband on top of my head. I liked it, simple yet classy.
“Ready?” He asked once he finished changing. I looked at his attire; white button up shirt and black skinnies with his black boots. Suits him well.
“Yeah. Let’s get this over with.”
“That’s what I love about you, Cass. Always up for a challenge.” He smiled and intertwined his fingers with mine.
I was both scared and nervous. I was never good with parents.
© Gabrielle

No comments:
Post a Comment