Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Two Kids, One Love.5.

CHAPTER 5. HUZZAH. ENJOY


♥Chapter 5♥

Why Do You Do This To Me?

‘My mouth has shut, not to open up.

I’ve kept my back to them.

Those things they say blew my ears away.

I’ve stopped listening’


Alex and I went back to their bus, laughing at what he’d done. He went to We

The Kings’ bus and when he saw Travis, he pulled his pants down revealing his

duck covered boxers.

Upon our arrival, the bus was silent. The boys were looking at us like we were

from outer space. Well, except for Jake.


“Aw! Are you two friends again?” He asked, man this boy is like a six-year-old in a twenty-year-old’s body. We both nodded our head in response; the guys cheered and told Alex that sound check was in twenty minutes.

“Go Alex.” I told him once the guys left for sound check.
”What about you?” He asked.

“Alex, I’m not a little girl. I’ll be fine, besides I should start taking pictures of other bands.” He nodded his head and told me that their set was at three. It was only eleven-thirty four.


I saw The Maine by their merch and decided to go and spend my time with them. I got two more months; I think work would be done later on.


“There’s our favorite girl.” John cheered as I walked up to them.

“Hey there, Johnny.” I said, earning stares from the four boys and a smile from John,

“What?” I asked, a smile forming on my lips.

“John never lets us call him Johnny! Then you go and call him that then he smiles!” Pat exclaimed, I swear there is never a dull moment when you’re with them.

“It’s alright guys” John smiled.

“Okay. What are you guys up to?” I asked.

“You know, same old Warped shit.” Garrett replied.

“Ah, and that would be?” I smirked.

“Oh you know, sleeping, playing, and having fun.” Garrett said; I nodded my head indicating that I understood.


I took a bottle of water and sat next to Jared. I mimicked their actions, just staring at random people.


“I’m bored.” Pat announced.

“Who isn’t?” Kennedy said.

“I know what we could do!” Pat stood up, earning curious looks from us.

“We could prank All Time Low!” He cheered.

“Okay, what’s the plan?” I asked, taking a drink of that water I had. I was always up for a good prank.

“We pelt them with water balloons?” Jared suggested.

“And shaving cream?” Kennedy followed up. We all agreed and began our little scheme.


After filling three hundred thirty-six balloons with either shaving cream or water, I guess the boys won’t shave for the whole duration of Warped Tour; we went off on a search for All Time Low. Each of us had walkie talkies, we felt like ninjas.


“By the way, where’d you get all those shaving creams?” I asked, my voice filled the talkie. That was how cool we were.

“Oh, I took them from All Time Low and Mayday Parade’s bus” Garrett answered, making me laugh. Poor boys, they never know what hit them.

“Dudes, seen them anywhere?” I heard John through the talkie I had, we all replied with a no.

“Oh wait I found them! They’re over the food stand.” Kennedy cheered.


We all made our way near the food stand, good thing they haven’t heard us.


“On the count of three, we pelt them.” Jared ordered.

“One.”

“Two.”

“Three!”


We all ran towards All Time Low, each of us had a bucket filled with balloons. I heard Jack scream like a little girl and we threw the balloons at them. While both bands and I were running, we were throwing balloons at them. We reached All Time Low’s bus and saw that they took out water guns. Shit. We were all out of balloons. Double Shit. They looked at us, revenge filled their faces.


“Now guys, it was just a prank.” I said, slowly walking away from them.

“Yeah, we were bored and decided to prank you.” No a good idea Garrett, I slapped his chest.

“Get them!” Alex shouted, making us run for our lives.


We were then surrounded by them in a corner. They began spraying water at us. Good thing I decided to wear a colored shirt. Once they stopped, I looked at them. Each of them wearing toothy grins.


“Dude, what the hell?!” John joked as he pointed to his now soaking wet body.

“You think we won’t prank you guys back? You got another thing coming.” Alex Gaskarth smirked.

“I understand that you guys would do that but Cassie, I can’t believe you.” Jack shook his head in fake disappointment.

“I’m sorry Jack, now come here let me give you a hug.” I smiled innocently, walking towards Jack.

“Oh hell no!” But before he could run away, I already got him. I looked at Jack’s face; his face was a face that could make little kids cry.


“I’m going to get you, Cassie!” He yelled, once I let go.


This was my cue to run. I ran as fast as I could with Jack following me. A few minutes later, I was exhausted but Jack was still chasing me. I tried to find someone I know but luck was being bitter right now. Thankfully, I saw Alex. I used all the energy left in me to glomp on him. Good thing he's strong or else we would've fell down.


“Cassie, what the hell?!” He shouted.

“Please save me from Jack.” I pleaded.

“Why?” He asked.

“He’s out to kill me.” I kidded. Just then, Jack came into view.

“Cassie!” He dragged out the last vowel. He was about to jump on me but saw that I was with Alex.

“Hey dude.” He fist bumped with him. I stared at the two in shock.

“What?” Alex asked once he saw my expression.

“Dude! He just chased me everywhere and I told you he’s out to kill me and this is what you do?” I pointed at the two of them.

“Oh right.” Alex said as if he just realized this now.


Jack walked up to me and licked my cheek.


“Ew, Jack!” I shrieked, wiping his remnants on his sleeve.

“That’s what you get for hugging me.” He said.

“Fine then, I won’t hug you anymore.” I retorted. I walked to Alex and hugged him, sticking my tongue out at Jack.

“Okay fine! No hugging me when you’re wet now come here!” He opened his arms, waiting for me. I laughed and hugged him.

“Oh shoot, it’s our set. See you guys later” Alex waved.


Jack and I agreed to watch their set. Soon enough, fans came and listened to the band. Jack and I were in the front thanks to our pass.


“You still like him, don’t you?” Jack said, once Split Second Eternity sang their most famous song, ‘I’ll Be There’, Alex wrote that before graduation. It was about how no matter what happens, he’ll be there for me.

“Who?” I asked.

“Don’t play dumb with me, Cassie. I can see the way you look at him and from the looks of it, he still likes you too.”

“Come on Jack, that was two years ago.” I reasoned out. I told him and the rest of his band my situation two years ago. One of the reasons why we’re so close now.

“You guys made up. I saw that hug, missy.” He teased.

“It was nothing Jack, get over it.” I said.

“Whatever you say, Cass. I swear it’s still there.” He said.

“What’s still there?”

“Your chemistry. You two may not have been together but you two were still hoping you will be.”

“When did you go and become Dr. Phil?” I joked.

“Hey! I have my moments.” He smacked my arm but in a joking way of course.

“But seriously, I bet you two would be together this time.” He said.

“I sure wish.” I mumbled.


Once their set ended, All Time Low was up next. Alex stood next to me.


“Hey.” He greeted.

“Hi.” I said.



I just noticed, there's two Alex in Warped Tour. I’m going to go and confuse myself.


“So what were you and Jack talking about?” I can’t believe he noticed that.

“Nothing. It was something about his grandma.” I lied.

“Really? It sure seemed to make you sad.”

“Yeah, his grandma and I were close.” I lied again.

“Okay.” I feel like he wanted to ask more questions but decided against it.


I thought about what Jack said earlier. Was it really that obvious that I still like, no wait, love him? Is the so called chemistry still there? Would our relationship turn to something more? What if Jack was right? What if Jack was wrong? What if I told him I love him and he doesn’t love me back? Would I be able to face him afterwards?


These questions filled my mind, I shook my head and pushed those thoughts as far as I could but somehow they won’t stop popping up. After All Time Low’s set, I decided to go back to The Maine’s bus and sleep, and it has been a long day for me. I was glad me and Alex were friends again.

©Gabrielle

No comments:

Post a Comment