♥Chapter 7♥
‘I'm not the only one
It's cold outside
Keep your heart open wide
Save it for somebody who cares’
I woke up, feeling a pair of strong arms wrapped around me. I looked and saw that it was Garrett, he was still asleep; truth is, he looked so cute. I tried to get off the bunk but he had me in a death grip, not that I minded.
“You’re not going away that easily.” Garrett smiled his cute smile.
“Aw, let me go please.” I said in a cute voice. He pinched my cheeks and shook his head.
“Please?” I tried once again; he groaned but let me go.
I got off the bunk and went to get some food. The only food available was Kenny’s pop tarts. I knew it was his because it had a big ‘Kenny’ on it. I shrugged and pop it in the microwave. When it ‘dinged’ I sat on a couch and enjoyed my stolen food. Garrett sat next to me and watched TV.
“Who the hell ate the last pop tart?” Kenny shouted, outraged.
“Garrett did.” I said, eating the pop tart.
“Dude what the hell? You know that was mine!” He said, turning off the TV.
“Hey I was watching that!” Garrett said, clearly annoyed.
“That’s what you get for eating my pop tart man.” Kenny smirked.
“What? I did not eat your pop tart!” Garrett yelled.
“Yes you did! Cassie said so!” He pointed his finger at me; I took a bite of the delicious pop tart and stared at them innocently.
“Guess what, genius?” Garrett smirked.
“What?”
“Your little tattletale is eating your pop tart.” Kenny looked at me as I was eating the last bit of his pop tart.
“Cassie!” He whined.
“What?” I looked at him innocently.
“You ate my pop tart!”
“I was hungry!” I whined.
“Fine, I’ll forgive you if you wake up John.” He smirked. Was that a threat?
“That’s all? Okay.” I got up and made my way to John’s bunk.
I shook John but there was no reply. I shook him harder this time; he only groaned and turned over so he was now facing me. Garrett and Kennedy were watching my futile attempts of waking up John, apparently they found it hilarious. I stroked his hair and whispered his name, making him moan. That was not the reaction I was hoping for, the whole band was now awake and watching me.
“John, wake up.” I whispered into his ear.
“Cassie.” He moaned.
“John, Johnny, JohnOhh.” I said a little louder now.
“Cassie!” He pulled me; I was now in the bunk. They were laughing at me.
“Johnny, wake up!” I pushed him out of the bunk, he landed with a thud. When he got up, he was looking at me.
“Good morning, sweet cheeks!” I greeted.
“Shut up.” He said, walking over the lounge.
I got off his bunk and went to the lounge where everyone was watching TV. Everyone either cheered me or gave me high-fives. I sat next to John and smirked.
“What?” He asked once he caught my eye.
“Nothing, what were you dreaming of anyway?” I asked, everyone but John was laughing.
“Oh. Nothing.” He blushed.
“It sounded like a something considering you were moaning my name.” I laughed.
“You heard that?” His eyes were open wide, I nodded my head.
“Okay, I’ve had enough torturing you. I’m going to go to Split Second’s bus. Ciao!”
I went in the back and changed my clothes. I was now sporting a red There For Tomorrow shirt and yellow shorts with my neon high tops. I saw their bus and sneaked into it.
“Hey there, Cass.” Derek said as I sneaked inside their bus.
“Shush! I’m sneaking in.” I whispered, he gave me a weird look.
“Is Alex awake?” I asked, he shook his head no. This’ll be fun.
I walked over and found his bunk, he was indeed asleep. I know Alex sleeps like a dead person.
“Alex.” I whispered, shaking him awake. He opened his left eye and pulled me inside his bunk. So much for sleeping like a dead person.
“Let me go.” I said as I struggled to break free from his grasp.
“No, you’re too comfy.” He nuzzled his head into my neck, I felt myself blushing.
“Come on, Alex. Let me go.” I stuttered. He lifted my chin and looked into my eyes.
“Cassie, I really missed you.” He said, wrapping his arms around me.
“I really missed you too.” I said, nuzzling my head into his chest.
“How about we have this day to ourselves?” He suggested.
“That’ll be great but don’t you have a set to play?” I asked.
“Day-off, baby.” He smiled, I missed that smile.
In fact I missed everything about him. His eyes, his smile, his hair. The way he talks to me, the way he tells me everything, the way he paces back and forth when he’s troubled.
We got off his bunk and went to the counter, I watched as he prepared his breakfast.
“So what’s our agenda for today?” He asked as he was chewing his cereal.
“I don’t know, what do you want to do?” I asked.
“How about we watch a movie then listen to some bands?” He suggested, I nodded my head in approval.
Once he finished eating and once the boys left the bus, we settled in the lounge watching ‘Zombieland’ and ‘The Hangover’. By the time we finished, it was already three in the afternoon.
“After you, m’lady.” He said in a British accent which by the way, failed.
“One, don’t ever do that again and two, thank you kind sir.”
As we were going to Mayday’s set, we were talking about our high school days.
“Come on! It was one time!” Alex laughed.
“Yes, but it was in the year book!”
“God, that is so embarrassing. I’m making sure I won’t go skinny dipping anymore.” He shook his head.
“No, you’ll make sure you won’t get caught by the guard and start running around the halls butt naked!” I laughed.
“I didn’t know people were in those halls!” He defended.
“It was lunch, Alex. Most people would be there.”
“Whatever.” He pushed me playfully.
We were about to reach the set when I felt my pocket vibrate. It was a text from Garrett.
Hey Cass, can you do us a favor? We need help by the merch. Thank you!
I replied with an ‘okay’. I told Alex our whole day together had to be cut short because of The Maine’s emergency, thankfully he understood my situation and walked me back.
“Hey man.” Garrett and Alex fist bumped once we reached the merch table.
“Gar, what do you need help with?” I asked.
“Oh, yeah. I need help selling these.” He pointed at his merch.
“Shouldn’t you have like a merch dude to do that for you?” I asked.
“Aaron’s sick.” Was his reply.
The whole night, Garrett and I were selling merch with occasional small talk. Alex had already gone back to his bus. When people buying merch were starting to decrease, we took a seat.
“So you and Alex?” He started.
“What about it?”
“Are you two together?” He asked, hiding his red cheeks.
“No.” I laughed, that’s impossible. I like him, he doesn’t like me.
“Oh, okay.”
“Why?”
“It’s nothing. Hey, we’ll be in
“Excited?” I laughed.
“Yeah! I want you to meet my parents.” He looked at me.
“Okay, that’ll be fun but let me warn you they may not like me.”
“How could anyone not like you? You’re amazing.” I blushed at his comment.
“Thanks, Gar. You’re amazing too.”
“I try.” He said, making me giggle.
“Why aren’t you up there anyways?” I pointed at the stage.
“Day-off.” He smiled.
“Oh, okay.”
Once we decided that there wouldn’t be anymore customers, we packed the merchandise. Once we’re done, we headed over the bus and went to bed. All that selling made us exhausted.
“Hey Cassie” Garrett called beneath me.
“Yeah?”
“Do you mind if I sleep there next to you?” He stuttered. Butterflies were filling my stomach, now which was one thing that usually happens when I’m with Alex.
“Sure.” I smiled; I heard shuffling and saw Garrett open my curtains.
“Hello.” He greeted.
”Come here.” I smiled and he obeyed.
“Good night Cassie.” Garrett wrapped his arms around me, I feel safe already.
“Sing me to sleep, Gar.” I said.
“Again?” He arched his eyebrows.
“Please.” I looked at him with the cutest face I could.
“Okay. Only for you.” With that, my heart exploded.
“She is everywhere I go
everyone I see
winter’s gone and I still can't sleep
Summer's on the way
At least that's what they say
But these clouds won't leave” He sang.
“Good night Garrett.” I said once he finished his song.
“Good night Cassie.” He kissed the top of my head.
“Just go to sleep, love-birds!” I heard Jared shout.
I fell asleep with Garrett’s arms wrapped around me. I’ve never felt so safe in my life, besides Alex’s hugs.
© Gabrielle

No comments:
Post a Comment