Monday, October 12, 2009

Two Kids, One Love.9.

Third chapter of the day. Hurray.

Chapter 9

‘I'm ready for a heart heart heartbreak
I'm gonna gonna turn around and walk away
Don't say you love me, don't even,
don't say you love me, you're leaving.’


We entered the Nickelsen household. It was a very good place. It made me feel like I was at home.


“Honey, your home! You brought a pretty lady too,” A lady came towards Garrett and hugged him; I assumed that was his mom.

“Who might you be?” She asked politely.

“Cassie Avery, nice to meet you.” I gave her my genuine smile. I liked her.

“Polite too! My, Garrett what a catch!”

“Mom!” Garrett whined like a five year old, his cheeks reddening.

“What? Oh, forgive me dear I’m Julie Nickelsen. Please call me Julie.” She smiled her motherly smile.

“Okay.”

“I’ll leave you two; I have some dinner business to attend.” She laughed and went to the kitchen.


Garrett took me to the living room where his father was reading the news paper.


“Hey dad, this is Cassie.” He said. His dad stood up and shook my hand.
”Hello there Cassie, I’m Harry.”

“Nice too meet you.” I smiled.


Once Julie announced that dinner was about to be served we all went to the dining table and sat down.


“Cassie, Garrett has told us so many things about you!” Julie gushed.

“I just hope they’re all positive.” I kidded.

“Oh they all are! Trust me, words didn’t do any justice. Look at you!” She smiled.

“Mom, where’s Trey?” Garrett asked.

“He’s out of town.” She answered simply.

“So Cassie, tell us more about you.” She said once dinner was finished.


Honestly, I was so close to telling her my life story. We bid them farewell, Julie made me promise that I’d come visit soon.


“They really like you.” Garrett said as we got inside his yellow car.

“I can see that.” I laughed.

“Told you they would.” He smiled.

“Yeah, smarty pants.”

“Am not!”

“Whatever you say, Gar.” I smiled. Once I looked at the road, I was unfamiliar with it.

“Hey, this isn’t where the venue is.” I said.

“I’m glad you noticed.” He laughed.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“Well curious little girl, relax. We’re just going to the park.” He assured.


Once we reached the park, I saw a swing and ran to it.


“Man, you run fast.” Garrett said once he caught up to me.

“I love swings.” I blurted out.

“You do?” He asked.

“Yeah, makes me feel like a kid again.” I closed my eyes and swung as high as I could.

“You know what I love?” He asked, swinging.

“What?”

“You.” I stopped swinging and stared at his face.

“What did you say?” I asked, he got up and went in front of me.

“I love you. Would you be my girlfriend?” He asked.

“Yes.” I hugged him.

“Let’s go back, shall we?” He laced his fingers with mine, I nodded in agreement.


Once we reached the bus, we changed into some sleep wear. We climbed on his bunk. I wrapped my arms around him and used his chest as a pillow. I fell asleep with him softly humming a tune and stroking my hair. I wouldn’t have it any other way or would I?


©Gabrielle


No comments:

Post a Comment