Monday, October 12, 2009

Two Kids, One Love.12.

This is the last chapter, or will it? Is the suspense killing you? Well it should. Forgive me if it sucks.

Chapter 12

This is endless


‘Someone help me
'Cause the memory
Convinced itself to tear me apart
And it's gonna succeed before long’


This day hasn’t been reproductive at all. I was bored and the guys were busy doing all the stuff they do before their set and I’ve already finished my work. I thought that Alex and I haven’t had a decent time together, I made it my goal to find him and spend time with him. I spotted him near his merch table.


“Hey Alex.” I asked once I was in front of him.

“What?” He asked, handing me a bottle of water which I took gratefully.

“I thought we could spend the day together.” I suggested, I already confirmed it with Derek that they have no performance today.

“I can’t, we have a performance today.” He lied.

“No you don’t! Derek said you don’t perform today now come on!” I pulled his hand.

“Okay fine but let’s go outside. I don’t want to be bombarded by fans.” He grumbled, we began walking.

“You get every girl you want now that you’re famous.” I laughed.

“Not every girl.” He mumbled.

“What was that?” I turned so I was now facing him.

“Nothing. Let’s go.” He said, pulling my hand and leading me towards a little diner.


We sat down and ordered food, not that it was needed or anything.


“So how are you?” I asked, trying to make conversation.

“I can’t complain.” He smiled.

“Tell me a story, Alex.” I pleaded.

“What?”

“Tell me a story, you used to tell me stories.” I grinned.

“Okay, there was one time when - ” He was cut off by my phone ringing.

“Sorry, let me take this.” I said.

“Hey Gar, something wrong?” I asked, I saw Alex’s face change into something unreadable.

Nothing, I just miss you.” Garrett said.

“That’s sweet, babe but I have to go.” I said.

Why? Who are you with anyway?” He asked.

“Alex. I’ll call you back, okay?”

Fine. Love you.”

“You too.” I hung up the phone.

“Sorry about that.”

“It’s okay, so is it true?” He asked as our food came. I stared at the burger, imagining how I’ll devour it.

“Is what true?” I said, chewing my delicious burger.

“Are you and Garrett together?” He asked, jealousy seeping through.

“Yeah. Why, something wrong?” I asked.

“I don’t trust him.” He blurted.

“What?”

“I mean, I don’t think he’s right for you.” He rephrased.

“You know, as a friend, you should be encouraging us not bringing us down.” I grumbled.

“Okay fine, I’m sorry. Let’s just finish eating and go to the tree.” He sighed.


We ate the rest of our food in silence. Nothing but the utensils moving and the radio from the diner. Once we were through, Alex left a twenty on the table and led me to that tree on a hill where it overlooked everything.


“It’s beautiful.” I commented once we reached the hill, the sun was just about to set.

“Yeah, she is.” Alex said but I could see that he wasn’t looking at the view.


I turned towards him and hugged him, tears leaking out of my eyes. He must’ve felt something wet on his shoulder because he made me face him, his face filled with concern. I couldn’t help but look into his hypnotizing electric blue eyes.


“What’s wrong?” He asked, making me break my gaze on his eyes.

“Warped Tour is so fucked up.” I laughed.

“Why?”

“Because, I was supposed to be here for work only and here I am, falling in love.”

“Yeah, with Garrett.” He said, sadly.

“Alex, I –” He cut me off with his fingers.

“It’s okay, I get it. You love him, not me. Just let me tell you this, Cassie. For two years, there was no one in my heart but you. I was on the verge of giving up, thinking that our paths would never intersect like you said but Derek told me that you keep your promises. That gave me hope, Cassie. You were everything I ever wanted and you still are, I know I should’ve said this before but I love you, Cassie. I love you and only you. You’re my life, you’re my number one, and you’re my everything. I guess that it’s time I move on and accept the fact that you’ll never love me.”

“Are you done?” I asked once he stopped, he nodded his head.

“Great, because I wanted to say I love you too.” I grinned at his confused face.

“What? When?”

“Ever since high school.”

“What about Garrett?” He asked, his senses knocking in.

“What about him?”

“You can’t love two people, Cassie. Either way, one of us will end up hurt.” He sighed.

“I know.” I looked down.

“You have to choose.”


With that, he lifted my chin up and leaned in. I felt his lips graze mine, then he closed the gap between us. It was everything I imagined and more, he sent my heart into a frenzy. I could feel my knees weakening and my palms sweating. I loved how his lips fit mine so perfectly. It was like it was meant for it to be there. I felt everything surrounding us fade away, as cliché as it may sound it’s the truth. It was Alex and me.


They say that when you kiss the one you’re supposed to be with, electricity would shock through your body but to me it was more than that. There was something I’ve been waiting for, his kiss was like a drug. Once you’ve had one, you can’t help but ask for more.


Once we parted, he pecked my lips one last time and walked away. It was my turn to watch him walk away. I felt my heart ache for him, it was screaming at him to come back. If only he could hear my heart.


©Gabrielle


No comments:

Post a Comment