End. Blog's being an ass and won't publish correctly. Die. FUCK YOU BLOGGER, GO TO HEEEELL!!
♥Chapter 13♥
You Had Me Hanging On Your Last Word
‘This is the end
Of you and me,
Everything I used to be
Back then it meant something
But you're living a lie, you just can't hide from me’
The next day, I thought of what Alex said and that kiss we shared. I couldn’t help but smile once I recalled those events. We were all in The Maine’s bus; we’re on our way to our last stop which is
“Cassie, oh my God. It is you, and you’re still fabulous as ever!” Chris squealed.
“Hey Chris, here’s the rest of the pictures I took.” I said, handing them. He threw them and hugged me.
“Enough of that work, Cassie. I want to know how your summer went.”
“Oh, it went alright.” I mumbled.
“What?” He urged me to sit down.
“Nothing.”
“So have you patched things up with Alex?” I felt myself blush at the mention of his name; Chris must’ve noticed it because he wanted more details.
I ended up telling him everything, from having sex with Alex to kissing him. I felt like I could trust Chris with everything, he’s like a brother to me. Not only that, but he promised Axel that he’ll take care of me for him. I feel like Chris has a crush on my brother.
“You love him.” He blurted, I bulged my eyes.
“What?”
“You do, Cass. All you’ve got to do is make a choice.”
“That’s the hard part, Chris.” I looked down.
“No it isn’t. Just look at this way, who would you rather pick; a guy you’ve loved for years just confessed his true feelings towards you or a guy that just came into your life and wooed you with his charm and no matter what he does he can’t compare to the guy you fell head over heels for?” He said all in one breathe.
When you look at it this way, he’s right. Why would I settle for a guy that isn’t as great as the guy I’ve loved?
“It’s easier said than done. I don’t want them to be hurt.”
“It’s life, dear. No matter what happens, someone is bound to get hurt.”
I took in everything he said and walked out the door. I decided to have some coffee to help me think. I spotted a starbucks near the venue and headed over it.
“Good afternoon miss, is there something I can help you with?” The cashier asked.
“I’ll have a mint mocha chip frappucino.”
“Make that two.” I turned my head and saw Alex with a smile on his face.
“Okay, and who will be taking this?”
“Alex.” He answered the cashier’s question.
“That’ll be two dollars and thirty-three cents.” I was about to hand the cashier a five but Alex beat me to it.
I found a booth by the window and took a seat, Alex followed suit.
“Something wrong?” He asked.
“Yes, I told you I’ll pay for it the next time we meet!” I grinned, remembering our promise.
“Maybe next time.” He shrugged.
“Fine.”
I looked outside and saw Alex, Jack, Derek, and Aiden playing with a Frisbee. Aiden threw it and it hit Jack’s face, I stifled a giggle.
“What’s up?” Alex asked.
“Look at them.” I pointed at the four boys, who waved their hands once they saw me.
“They’re such dorks.” Alex commented, I nodded.
Our beverages were served, I took a sip of the hot drink. I loved how it burned my throat and made me feel like I was at home. Alex rambled about stuff like tour and all the stupidity Aiden did at home, I laughed at the funny parts and looked into his eyes as he was talking. His blue eyes seemed bluer once the sun hit his face, it was absolutely breathtaking.
“Are you ready to leave?” He asked once we finished our drinks, I nodded.
“I’ll see you later, Alex.” I waved.
“Wait, where?”
“Over there.” I pointed at a walkway towards a beach.
“Okay, what time?” He asked.
“Around seven. It’s six now.” He nodded his head and walked the other direction, probably to do sound check.
I spotted Garrett by the merch table and headed over to him. I’ve made up my mind and it’s time I told him.
“Cassie, hey.” He smiled.
“Garrett, can we talk?” I asked earning a bunch of ‘ooh’s’ and ‘you’re dead, Nickelsen’ from the guys.
“Yeah sure.” He nodded his head and led me towards a quiet place.
“Gar, you’ve been the greatest but I haven’t.” I said.
“What do you mean?”
“Remember Alex?” He nodded his head, I told him about my situation.
“Last night I kissed him and I don’t know.” I looked down.
“You still love him? I nodded my head, I heard him sigh.
“Cassie, it’s obvious that he loves you too. I don’t want to be the one who’ll stop you two from being happy. I can see that your true happiness is with him. As much as this hurts for me, I’ll move on. I understand.” I looked at him, I saw the pain in his eyes. This is really hard for him to say.
“Gar, if you want we could still be friends.” What a lame comeback, Cassie.
“I’d like that. Please don’t turn into the people who say that they could be friends and wouldn’t talk to their ex.” He pleaded.
“I won’t. Thanks a lot, Gar. This really means a lot to me.” I hugged him.
“I know, Cass. I love you.” He whispered into my ear.
“I love you too.”
“Good, now go get him!” He pushed me and forced a smile.
I look up to Garrett once he did that. Even if it hurt him, he’s willing to do that to make me happy. It was something you don’t see in people these days. I checked the time and saw that it was six fifty-three. I ran towards the meeting place Alex and I agreed to. I sat down and enjoyed the silence.
“Hey.” I heard a voice, instinctively I turned around and saw Alex. I stood up and faced him, taking a deep breath.
“Alex, I’ve made my decision.”
“And that is?” He urged for me to continue, I could sense the suspense was killing him.
I walked closer and hugged him.
“I pick you.” I smiled. He let go of me and gave me that smile I love.
“Really?”
“Alex, I’ve waited for you since forever and expect me not to pick you? I’d be stupid if I did that.” I laughed.
“Yeah. It’d be pretty stupid if you did.” He chuckled.
“Hey!”
“It’s okay, that’s why I love you.”
“Why do you love me anyway?” I asked.
“Because you’re you.” He murmured into my ear.
I gazed into his eyes and closed the gap between us.
“I love you.” I said once we pulled away.
“I love you too, forever and ever.” He grinned.
We walked hand in hand towards the venue, I can’t contain the grin on my face. I finally had what I’ve always wanted. They were right, Warped Tour can really fuck you up but sometimes it can lead you to something that you’ve wanted. Alex is everything I ask for and so much more. I wouldn’t have it any other way.
--End.
© Gabrielle.

you're amazing!!! hahahaha... I really love the whole story!!
ReplyDelete